Much like the forgotten contents of your fridge’s vegetable drawer, nose hair is a grooming problem that can creep up on you without much notice. Just as that three-month-old punnet of mushrooms will suddenly stink out your kitchen, an errant sprouting can announce itself at what seems like a moment’s notice. Worse still, no electric shaver, beard trimmer, hair clipper or scissors is going to have the chops for getting shot of this growth.
Only the best nose hair trimmer has the power to sort you out, which is why we’ve rounded up the best for the job. From body hair devices with the necessary attachment to purpose-built trimmers primed to get to those hardest-to-reach areas, there are a surprising number of options for fixing up your nose hair, which means it’s all the more important to make sure you pick a winner.
The 10 best nose hair trimmers 2021 in the UK
Whatever your budget and hair woes are, we’ve rounded up some of the best nose hair trimmers worth considering.
1. Tweezerman Gear Nose Hair Trimmer
This little manual trimmer from Tweezerman is a handy device that will easily trim your hairs without coming into contact with your skin, meaning it shouldn’t nick or cut the delicate skin inside your nose.
As this trimmer does not require batteries, you don’t have to worry about changing them and is great if your someone who is always on-the-go. However, compared to the other manual trimmer we have in our top 10, this one does seem to catch the odd hair.
2. Remington Nose and Ear Clipper NE3150
Simple, slimline and super affordable with a £7.99 price tag.
This battery-operated clipper boasts advanced steel blades, as well as a linear trimming head, perfect for trimming nose, ear and hair around the eyebrows. The head is washable, though the device isn’t waterproof so you’ll want to use it dry.
It’s a great little grooming tool if you don’t want to spend too much.
3. Philips Nose Hair Trimmer, Series 5000
Let’s start by talking about the cutter – because that’s where the magic happens. Located at the top of the trimmer is a unique thin foil cutting system with rounded edges to maintain skin comfort during hair trimming. Engineered for super precise cutting, slots capture and cut hairs with effortless speed and efficiency.
It’s designed intelligently so that hairs can’t get caught between any moving components, because the last thing you want is a bunch of snagged hairs in the middle of a trimming session.
One of the main downsides that electric nose hair trimmers seem to have, is that, instead of cutting, the hairs get jammed in the machine and ripped from your nose.
4. Wahl Micro Finisher Nose Hair Trimmer
With three interchangeable heads, Wahl makes sure there’ll be no follicle left behind in its mission to eradicate nose and ear hair, while a nifty eyebrow trimmer with plastic comb guard will do a much better job of keeping your brows neat than a hair clipper or beard trimmer. All heads are easily removed and attached, with a quick rinse under the tap all that’s required to keep things hygienic between uses.
You’ll even find that the brow trimmer does a good job of touching up your sideburns between barber visits. All that nestled into an anodised aluminium device that wouldn’t look out of place in your pencil case? It might just be our new favourite gadget.
5. Philips Series 3000
The angled ProtecTube blade on the Series 3000 makes it easier to reach those tricky areas, while the design of the cutter and guard ensures that all hairs are rapidly sliced to avoid any painful pulling.
An angled blade also makes it simple to trim eyebrows, complete with two trimming combs for various lengths, as well as reach those awkward neck hairs or other grooming tricky bits. The combs, as on Philips otherwise excellent OneBlade, do have a tendency to wear out, however, and you can’t buy replacements. Also, do remember to use the combs when doing brows because otherwise, you will look like an alien.
The 3000 is waterproof, so you can take it in the shower and trim, and the rubberised soft grip means improved control, because no one likes completely bald nostrils.
6. Panasonic ER-GN300 Flexible Nose Hair Trimmer
Panasonic’s nose hair trimmer comes with a dual-edge blade to cut hair on the sides and the top of your nose, and is designed for stray hairs and fine detailing. It can also trim your eyebrows, nose and ear hairs from 0.5mm. With a ‘Vortex’ cleaning system, you can easily rinse out hairs without having to remove the head. It’s also completely waterproof and only needs one AA battery to run.
7. Wahl Micro Groomsman Personal Pen Trimmer
Wahl’s pocketable multipurpose trimmer is perfectly suited for grooming on-the-go (so you can discretely bust it out in a bathroom at work to tidy up any errant hairs in a pinch). Its rotary heads will also work wonders when it comes to any last-minute sideburn/beard touch-ups.
8. BaByliss for Men 7051BU 3-in-1 Hygienic Trimmer
Thanks to the three interchangeable heads, this is a flexible trimmer which will take care of the majority of your facial hair. The short and round head is for use in the nostrils so it can take hair from all angles. There is a longer razor attachment for ears, and then a wider blade for sideburns or moustache.
The price makes it one of the cheapest on our list, which is good for anyone who either wants to see what all the fuss is about or isn’t sure whether it is for them.
It is lightweight to hold and manoeuvre, although this also seems to make it a bit flimsy and we aren’t sure how long it would stay in one piece, especially if you take it with you everywhere or don’t really look after things very well. The cut wasn’t very close at all, so it is for someone who needs the odd touch-up every so often as opposed to someone who has a lot of hair to control a few times a week.
9. Schon Premium Stainless Steel 3-in-1 Nose
Designed to deliver a smooth trim time and again, the Schon Premium Stainless Steel 3-in-1 is a rechargeable trimmer that plugs directly into a UK two-pin shaver socket so that you never need to use disposable batteries.
Boasting a powerful motor and a solid stainless steel blade, it’ll comfortably handle even the most unruly of nose hairs without fear of plucking or pulling. What’s more, as it’s fully IPX7 waterproof certified, the Schon is as equally at home in the wet as it is the dry. Offering yet further versatility, it’s also able to slim down sideburns and other assorted facial hair thanks to the inclusion of an interchangeable flat trimming head.
Washable under the tap and bundled complete with a brush, the Schon is easy to keep clean, and with an all-metal build, it’s robust too.
10. Cleanfly Nose Hair Trimmer
This handy device from Cleanfly includes a USB charger, meaning you can always keep your trimmer running at full power. If you’re looking for a multipurpose tool, this is a good option as it comes with three extra attachments for trimming beard, sideburns, and eyebrows!
It is portable, lightweight and also quiet, so it’s a great product if you like travelling. However, if you just want something to trim your nose hair, you’ll probably find the other attachments to be unwanted extra plastic.
How to choose the best nose hair trimmer
- Is it powerful enough for your hair? This might seem obvious, but you need to be sure the trimmer you choose is powerful enough to trim your hair. If you grow particularly thick hair, you’ll need a very powerful nose hair cutter, particularly if you want to avoid the pain of getting the razor tangled or caught! Equally, if you have very thin hair on your eyebrows, ears, or nose, a weaker motor might suffice and you can save money without opting for an expensive, professional nose hair trimmer.
- Versatility – what can it do? Make sure you pay attention to how versatile your shaver is. Where possible, look for products which have multiple uses – it’ll save you both time and money.
- Maintenance and cleaning: Many trimmers, for example, are waterproof, meaning you can wash them directly using water and not worry about shocks or damage to the product. But some actually have cleaning systems built into them, making the process of getting rid of hairs and keeping the thing running quick and easy.
- What size suits your needs? Nose razors come in many shapes and sizes, as well as with different travel bags. It’s worth considering how often you’re likely to need to transport your trimmer – if you travel for work, or need to use it daily and therefore must have it with you whenever you spend a night away from the house.
- Quality: Clearly, you want to get a high-quality trimmer. But quality is often hard to discern, and if you’re not an expert in grooming products, it can all be a little confusing. Independent review pages like ours can help a lot here, giving you guidance and suggesting the best products. But it’s also important you do your own research and understand the quality of your trimmer’s blades and construction.
Once you’ve found the best nose hair trimmer it can be a really great addition to anyone’s wash bag. We hope you’ve found this article useful in helping to choose one that is right for you.