Top 10 best nose hair trimmers for 2022 in the UK
Nose hair, like the forgotten contents of your fridge’s vegetable drawer, is a grooming issue that can creep up on you without warning. An errant sprouting can appear at what appears to be a moment’s notice, just as that three-month-old punnet of mushrooms will suddenly stink out your kitchen. Worse, no electric shaver, beard trimmer, hair clipper, or scissors will be able to get rid of this growth.
Only the best nose hair trimmer has the power to sort you out, which is why we’ve rounded up the best for the job. From body hair devices with the necessary attachment to purpose-built trimmers primed to get to those hardest-to-reach areas, there are a surprising number of options for fixing up your nose hair, which means it’s all the more important to make sure you pick a winner.
The 10 best nose hair trimmers 2022 in the UK
Whatever your budget and hair woes are, we’ve rounded up some of the best nose hair trimmers worth considering.
1. Tweezerman Gear Nose Hair Trimmer
This Tweezerman manual trimmer is a handy device that will easily trim your hairs without coming into contact with your skin, which means it won’t nick or cut the delicate skin inside your nose.
Because this trimmer does not require batteries, you do not have to worry about changing them, which is ideal if you are constantly on the go. However, when compared to the other manual trimmer in our top 10, this one seems to catch the odd hair.
2. Remington Nose and Ear Clipper NE3150
With a price tag of £7.99, it’s simple, slim, and extremely affordable.
This battery-powered clipper features advanced steel blades and a linear trimming head, making it ideal for trimming the nose, ear, and hair around the brows. The head is washable, but the device isn’t waterproof, so you’ll want to use it dry.
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on grooming tools, this is a great option.
3. Philips Nose Hair Trimmer, Series 5000
Let’s start with the cutter, because that’s where the magic happens. A unique thin foil cutting system with rounded edges is located at the top of the trimmer to maintain skin comfort during hair trimming. Slots capture and cut hairs with effortless speed and efficiency because they are designed for super precise cutting.
Because the last thing you want is a bunch of snagged hairs in the middle of a trimming session, it’s intelligently designed so that hairs can’t get caught between any moving components.
One of the main drawbacks of electric nose hair trimmers appears to be that the hairs get jammed in the machine and ripped from your nose instead of cutting.
4. Wahl Micro Finisher Nose Hair Trimmer
Wahl’s three interchangeable heads ensure that no follicle is left behind in its mission to eradicate nose and ear hair, while a handy eyebrow trimmer with plastic comb guard will do a much better job of keeping your brows neat than a hair clipper or beard trimmer. All heads are easily removed and reattached, and a quick rinse under the tap is all that’s needed to keep things sanitary between uses.
You’ll even find that the brow trimmer works well for touching up your sideburns in between barber visits. All of this tucked into an anodized aluminium device that wouldn’t look out of place in your pencil case? It could be our new favourite gadget.
5. Philips Series 3000
The Series 3000’s angled ProtecTube blade makes it easier to reach those difficult areas, while the cutter and guard design ensures that all hairs are quickly sliced to avoid painful pulling.
An angled blade also makes it easy to trim brows, which comes with two trimming combs for different lengths, as well as reach those awkward neck hairs or other grooming tricky bits. The combs, like those on Philips’ otherwise excellent OneBlade, do wear out, and replacements are not available. Also, remember to use the combs when doing your brows or you’ll look like an alien.
The 3000 is waterproof, so you can trim in the shower, and the rubberised soft grip means better control, because no one wants completely bald nostrils.
6. Panasonic ER-GN300 Flexible Nose Hair Trimmer
Panasonic’s nose hair trimmer has a dual-edge blade for cutting hair on the sides and top of your nose, and it’s ideal for stray hairs and fine detailing. It can also trim 0.5mm hairs from your brows, nose, and ears. You can easily rinse out hairs with a ‘Vortex’ cleaning system without having to remove the head. It is also completely waterproof and runs on a single AA battery.
7. Wahl Micro Groomsman Personal Pen Trimmer
Wahl’s pocketable multipurpose trimmer is ideal for grooming on the go (so you can use it discreetly in a work bathroom to tidy up any errant hairs in a pinch). Its rotary heads will also come in handy for any last-minute sideburn/beard touch-ups.
8. BaByliss for Men 7051BU 3-in-1 Hygienic Trimmer
This is a versatile trimmer with three interchangeable heads that will take care of the majority of your facial hair. The short and round head is intended for use in the nostrils, where it can collect hair from all angles. There is a longer razor attachment for the ears, followed by a wider blade for sideburns or a moustache.
It is one of the cheapest on our list, which is ideal for anyone who wants to see what all the fuss is about or is unsure whether it is right for them.
It is lightweight to hold and manoeuvre, but this also appears to make it flimsy, and we aren’t sure how long it would stay in one piece, especially if you take it everywhere with you or don’t take care of things very well. The cut wasn’t very close, so it’s for someone who needs a touch-up every now and then rather than someone who has a lot of hair to control a few times a week.
9. Schon Premium Stainless Steel 3-in-1 Nose
The Schon Premium Stainless Steel 3-in-1 is a rechargeable trimmer that plugs directly into a UK two-pin shaver socket and never needs disposable batteries to deliver a smooth trim time after time.
It has a powerful motor and a solid stainless steel blade, so it can handle even the most unruly nose hairs without plucking or pulling. Furthermore, because the Schon is fully IPX7 waterproof certified, it is equally at home in the wet as it is in the dry. It can also be used to trim sideburns and other types of facial hair, thanks to the inclusion of an interchangeable flat trimming head.
The Schon is easy to clean, washable under the tap, and comes with a brush. It’s also durable, thanks to its all-metal construction.
10. Cleanfly Nose Hair Trimmer
Cleanfly’s handy device includes a USB charger, so you can always keep your trimmer running at full power. If you want a multipurpose tool, this is a good choice because it comes with three extra attachments for trimming your beard, sideburns, and brows!
It is portable, lightweight, and quiet, making it an excellent choice for those who enjoy travelling. However, if all you need is something to trim the hair on your nose, you’ll probably find the other attachments to be unnecessary extra plastic.
How to choose the best nose hair trimmer
- Is it powerful enough for your hair? This might seem obvious, but you need to be sure the trimmer you choose is powerful enough to trim your hair. If you grow particularly thick hair, you’ll need a very powerful nose hair cutter, particularly if you want to avoid the pain of getting the razor tangled or caught! Equally, if you have very thin hair on your eyebrows, ears, or nose, a weaker motor might suffice and you can save money without opting for an expensive, professional nose hair trimmer.
- Versatility – what can it do? Make sure you pay attention to how versatile your shaver is. Where possible, look for products which have multiple uses – it’ll save you both time and money.
- Maintenance and cleaning: Many trimmers, for example, are waterproof, meaning you can wash them directly using water and not worry about shocks or damage to the product. But some actually have cleaning systems built into them, making the process of getting rid of hairs and keeping the thing running quick and easy.
- What size suits your needs? Nose razors come in many shapes and sizes, as well as with different travel bags. It’s worth considering how often you’re likely to need to transport your trimmer – if you travel for work, or need to use it daily and therefore must have it with you whenever you spend a night away from the house.
- Quality: Clearly, you want to get a high-quality trimmer. But quality is often hard to discern, and if you’re not an expert in grooming products, it can all be a little confusing. Independent review pages like ours can help a lot here, giving you guidance and suggesting the best products. But it’s also important you do your own research and understand the quality of your trimmer’s blades and construction.
Once you’ve found the best nose hair trimmer it can be a really great addition to anyone’s wash bag. We hope you’ve found this article useful in helping to choose one that is right for you.